Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Abbi... by Louisa Rowe

This is a book review on "Abbi" by LOUISA ROWE .
All her life, a local girl has lived with her mom in a small tourist town.Her mom operates a small ironing business out of their small bungalow. She works at a local hotel catering to the rich, and only makes slightly above minimum wage. In comes another rich family staying in the hotel she works at. The eldest son, out for a stroll, views her on her day off reading by the river, and it's love at first sight. Both are young, though adults, their lives quickly become entangled in a 'whirl wind' romance that shoots off like a rocket. They were even to attend a magical ball, but would they get to go together? It was a forbidden love that, very early on, was discouraged by his father, and he was the host of the ball! How far would his father go to break their connection? A man who thought money could buy anything, would he go too far to turn back? Death is definitely too far, but would he do it? This is a story of love growing, in spite of all those around them trying to put a stop to it. I'm warning you, it's a real tear-jerker! The reason for the tears though,will surprise you! Near the end I couldn't believe what I was reading. I remained in denial up until the end. I had a shortage of tissues when I finished this story. This could be the story of the girl next door. It seemed so real to me I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a true life story, but it trully was fiction, or so I was told. So it was with a heavy heart I closed the book, and began my review. You may think you know what is going to happen, but this is one you would never have guessed! I hoped this has helped some of you to decide whether or not to read it. Though the ending is not how I would have written it; still, it is how it should be for it is a story about... Abbi.
Review written by: Doodles
at kghmdoodles@blogger.com
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment